Friday, June 5, 2009

Walk Right Back

Today was the sponsored walk and we had a jolly entertaining time.
I was in a team with my friends Ryan and Nola and we were 'The Pie-Hos' in honour of Pushing Daisies. I was sad enough to make up name badges so we could 'be' the characters. I was Ned, Nola was Chuck and Ryan was Digby.



We managed to do the 8km in just over an hour and we had a good laugh whilst doing it.
As this was a company wide event, we raised over $8,000 (not all of which was calculated on the donation website as some of this money raised was through registration) and the total is expected to rise over the next week.
I am proud to say that I raised pretty close to a $1,000 all on my own. I'm not usually one to blow my own trumpet, but here I think it's deserved.

Lunch was provided and it was well-earned and I scoffed down a good number of wonderfully tasty sandwiches and a load of fruit.
The afternoon was back to the old grindstone but there was one last chore of the day.

A couple of days ago, I placed a note on the communal 'fridge in our area stating that anything not removed by Friday afternoon would be thrown out before the long weekend. At 4:30, I tackled the job. I needed a Haz-Mat suit. If I didn't know better, I'd have thought Swine 'flu originated from that refrigerator and not Mexico.

There were some seriously dead muppets in various containers. I emptied these vile furry monstrosities into the bin and washed out the tubs. Not the most pleasant experience, but somebody had to do it. Then I gave the whole thing a good wipe out.

Anyway, I'm home now - a little exhausted but I am really looking forward to tomorrow. It's 'Pie Day' and I have some friends coming over for a Pushing Daisies season two marathon. I'm baking some pies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment