Saturday, June 6, 2009

Happy

This morning, I have been preparing the pies for this afternoon's Pushing Daisies marathon.


After sifting the flour, I added the butter...


Which I then turned to breadcrumbs...


Then I added the sugar and lemon zest...


and after mixing in eggs, was able to make a dough.


Then, with the trusty old rolling pin, made the bases for the pies.


Then, I filled the pies with the fruit.
One with pears (and vanilla essence)...


...and one with plums and rhubarb.


Then, I had to do the lids. I made a lid for the Pear pie with grated Gruyere on top.


et, voila!


I wanted a lattice effect for the Rhubarb pie, so made some pastry strips.


Now, both pies are in the oven. I shall post pictures of the finished pies later.

I am happy with how it went as I haven't baked pies in over a decade! The proof will be in the eating though.

2 comments:

  1. That pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had every intention of posting pictures of the finished pies. I DID take a picture... but some how, they digital images have disappeared off my camera. And now the pies are in the bellies of folk.
    Bah.

    ReplyDelete