Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fabulous Garden

Today, I received season two of Pushing Daisies on DVD through the post. I had ordered five sets – one for me and the others for friends. I have been a forthright advocate of the series since mid-2007 when I saw the pilot and have converted a good number of people to the wonders of the show. In fact, a few of us are getting together on Saturday for a ‘Pie Day’ and we’ll be watching as many episodes of season two as we can possibly cram in whilst eating some home-made pie. (I am making pear pie with Gruyere baked into the crust!)

To my mind, it is the most refreshing and delightful show to come out of America in years and it is a travesty that it was cancelled mid-way through season two. Apparently, the television executives would rather put on more of those tedious talent shows. Alas.

Despite winning three Emmys during the first season and gaining critical acclaim worldwide, the show was to see an early grave.

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to see it for some time, but alas no video stores have carried copies, and I'm not entirely sure that I want to buy whole seasons sight-unseen!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to say 'trust me on this' but TV shows, like most things are entirely subjective. The majority of those I have introduced to the show have fallen under its spell. Some people are a bit 'ho-hum' about it, but each to their own.

    I, for one, adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm willing to give it a try...but I'm cheap :) (ahh the perils of working in publishing ;) ) I have to find someone nearby-ish who owns it so I can scab a borrow!

    ReplyDelete