Saturday, March 14, 2015

Paradise (Not For Me)

PHEW!! A long walk, a bit of sunburn and seven soggy, snotty handkerchiefs later...

I just got in from a rather laborious morning of apartment hunting. It's funny when you're focussing on one area and you keep bumping into the same prospective renters. Of course, each gets a death glare from me if I want that apartment specifically.

There were a lot of single people, but there were a few happy, gorgeous, young couples looking for their first home. Bastards.

I find that a lot of the places I am looking at in my price range are really the sort of things only students can cope with. I am finding it difficult to find something to suit my needs.

Today's Viewings

  • 9:55 - Toorak Road:
  • Agent gave wrong address on website, so missed that one!
  • 10:10 - Powell Street:
  • Agent never turned up
  • 10:20 - Fawkner Road:
  • Tiny, horrid hole. But cheap.
  • 10:30 - Punt Road:
  • Massive three-bedroom house. I got very excited and dreamt of a life sharing with friends and it'd be like This Life. But it was $900 a week and no friends would want to live with me. *sigh*
  • 11:10 - Osborne Street:
  • Nice, but no laundry facilities
  • 11:35 - Davis Avenue:
  • Lovely! Just right for me (bathroom needs work, though) - I have applied
  • 12:30 - Margaret Drive:
  • Nice, actually. Small, but has an outdoor area. Bathroom in wardrobe. Fact.
  • 1:10 - Osborne Street again:
  • I have already applied for this one as it is definitely pet friendly - even has a cat flap!

We'll see what happens.

I had lunch at Cafe Republic. I had scrambled eggs and bacon on toast. I was served by a guy who looked like Orlando Bloom... in a good way.

I also broke up the morning by sitting in a little park. That was nice.

This afternoon, I deserve a treat...

No comments:

Post a Comment