Friday, January 9, 2015

Keep On

Gosh, it has been a while since I updated this blog. Sorry about that, peeps.

Maybe it was writer's block; maybe it was a case of not being arsed; maybe I am just going insane from boredom!

I was suffering a bit from my old depression late last year. It certainly wasn't helped when there was a fire in my apartment block. Luckily, no one was hurt and, amazingly, my apartment escaped unscathed from fire or water damage. I am very grateful about that!

I was lucky enough to have a number of friends offer me a place to stay whilst the building was being made livable again and I ended up staying with my friend Chris (who was also more than happy to house Fizzgig along with me!). Chris is pretty much a saint as it's not many people who can put up with me for more than ten hours, let alone ten days. I don't use the word as often as today's youth, but Chris is 'Awesome'.

Anyway, this is just a quick post to say 'Hello' and I will endeavour to post more in 2015. I am also blogging about my desperate attempt to get thin and fit in time for my fortieth birthday. You can read about that here.

On a lighter note, I have enjoyed playing around with Photoshop and I created a collage of 50 of my favourite movies. It started out as 16, then 25, then 40... it kept growing. I still have missed off some other all-time favourites like The Time Machine starring the recently departed Rod Taylor and a whole load of Hitchcock films and Fred and Ginger movies. Still, I had to stop somewhere. What do you think?

My friend Kathy in the UK has suggested I get it printed onto canvas. I think she is a genius.

So, once again, sorry for the lackadaisical approach to blogging. I shall strive to keep on going for the rest of the year and see what thrilling stuff I have to write about. Weeee.

Trying WIll Young song titles for the blog now... mixin' it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment