Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hope

So, this is what 2013 looks like? Fancy.

Yesterday, I wrote my blog summing up the previous year (as I have fallen into the habit of doing so, ever since I started this jolly little blogventure) and it is fair to say that there was a lot of grumbling and moaning. This post has more of a positive leaning. start as we mean to go on, right? "What-o!" and "Chin up!" etc.

Let's look towards a new year of possibilities, changes and experiences...

#1. I hope Fizzgig gets better soon. She did turn twelve a few months ago, so she is no spring chicken (or spring cat) but I do worry about her compulsive licking. It has been nice spending a lot of quality time with her over the past week, but I worry that when I return to work full time, she may become distressed again.

#2. I hope something good happens for me financially during the next year. Sure, a lottery win would be just perfect right now, but I wouldn't say no to a job with better pay. Not the easiest thing to obtain in these current economical climates, but I can try to keep an eye out for something.

#3. I hope I can lose this bloomin' weight. As I live so close to work, I no longer walk for an hour and a half there and back each day - unless I took the really LONG way around. The walks I used to do between balaclava and Camberwell certainly helped me to shed the kilos previously. I am useless with gyms as I am so self-conscious and paranoid that I am terrified that people are watching and judging whilst thinking "That's right, keep jogging, fatty!". I will try to eat less, drink less and walk more. I feel gross at the moment.

#4. I hope I can eventually find love. I have been single for eight years and I know I am not Quasimodo's uglier twin brother, so I don't quite know why I continually fail to attract the right gentlemen - or even the wrong ones for that matter. I am deeply flawed, but I expect there is somebody out there who is astonishingly tolerant and caring (and hopefully look like Ryan Kwanten, Joe Manganiello, Philip Olivier, Lee Pace or Danny Bhoy.)

#5. I hope I have a great time when Mum comes out to visit. (I know I will, I just thought I'd throw it in here!)

#6. I hope I can somehow manage to get back to England at the end of the year for my brother's wedding!

#7. I hope my friends have a much less stressful time than last year. It seems like 2012 was behaving like a frustrated middle child and seeking attention by kicking and screaming.

There. That's a fair bit of hope. Bring it on, 2013!

P.S. Having written a number of posts using Kirsty MacColl song titles and then Swing Out Sister song titles, I am now moving on to Beverley Craven song titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment