Sunday, February 28, 2010

Maybe It's Imaginary

Some people have noticed a change in me recently.
I am rather upbeat and chipper!

I shall not deny that over the past few months. I have been in the doldrums and a little bit depressed due to a number of factors. 2009 was not one of the greatest years for me and Christmas was all a bit lacklustre.

However, over the past week, I have been re-energised and I have been all bouncy and sparky like a puppy on crack. This is due to a few reasons;

1) I have really begun to make a dent in my debt and I am on the way to being debt free. Sure, it will take a few months, but I intend to be clear of debt by the end of the year. This is a wonderful feeling - I can't wait to experience the emotion when I am completely in the black.

2) The recent photo session in which Eric took some fabulous images of me gave me a boost in confidence and the surprising feedback from friends has done me the world of good. I have never been particularly happy with my photographed image until now.

3) I have lost a lot of weight. I am not 'David Tennant' skinny yet (I'm working on it) but certainly much less sausage-like than before. This change has lifted my mood immensely.

4) I have more very good friends than I think one is supposed to have and I am incredibly grateful to each and every one of them.

5) I believe that my work-life has improved a lot recently and people are genuinely appreciative of my efforts.

6) This final one is a little bonus, but egged on by the confidence boosts of the above. I think the ice cage that has surrounded my heart for so long has finally begun to melt. Although there is no one on the horizon to fulfill the role of "my other half", I am more open to accept someone special into my life again. For a while, I have thought I was becoming too bitter and cynical to ever dream of love again, but recently I have felt that little dance-kick in my soul which wants to perform a waltz in swing time with someone...

So, maybe I'm delusional or just light-headed through lack of food, but I think it is more likely that I am sliding into a better place in my life.

Sorry to be so sickeningly positive, but it sure beats the crap out of feeling miserable!!

1 comment:

  1. i am so glad you are feeling more positive, i was in debt for 10 years and it feels so good to be finaly out of debt, so i know how u were feeling! its great when u can see an end in sight with regards to debt! keep smiling ben and keep positive :)

    p.s those pics eric took omfg amazing :)


    Rhys xx

    ReplyDelete