Friday, January 1, 2010

In These Shoes?

Last year, I made three New Year's resolutions.
1) To give up alcohol.
2) To write in my diary every day.
3) To be celibate.

Number one was easy and I congratulate myself on that.
Number two was going great until I spilled tandoori chicken all over the diary rendering it useless and smelly.
Number three was practically sorted with the occasional fumble off the wagon in rare moments of disgraceful behaviour.

This year, I have some new ones.

1) Pay off as many debts as I possibly can.
2) Lose more weight.
3) Try out that old celibacy thing again.

The first one will be hard. I am going to try my hardest to restrain myself from spending when I don't need to (I don't mean I am going to resort to stealing or anything criminal like that! Heavens to Betsy, what a notion!)

The second one will also be hard, but I have had a good start already. I have lost six kilos in the past two months so it shouldn't be too hard to shed a further six.

The third should be easy enough. I just have to stay as I am and I'll continue to repel any interest with my lack of pheromones.

Let's just take a look at the weight-loss malarkey.
As you may know, I do like to walk and I intend to do a hell of a lot more.
There will be a strong attempt to walk to work and back more often than before, but I will also try and take more rambles during the weekends.

Today being the first day of 2010, I made the effort and went out for a long walk.

The walk is 11km (6.84 miles).
It took me 1 hour and 50 minutes (or 28 Beverley Craven Songs on the iPod) and I came home to a nice bowl of vegetable soup.

The following image shows you the route I took.



I will attempt to find other routes to keep things varied and I imagine I will be putting these trainers through some torment. But if it helps me lose weight and keep me fit, then all for the better, I say!

3 comments:

  1. why the celibate thingis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good question, Max. Simply, I think it's best for everyone. I don't think it's fair to others having myself inflict my inadequacies and foibles upon poor unsuspecting fools.

    Or... I could say I am saving up the good times for when I meet the right person.

    Either answer will do, methinks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should buy some new trainers for all that walking. Spend Spend Spend. x Deano

    ReplyDelete