Monday, May 4, 2015

Bye Bye Baby

For nearly fifteen years, Fizzgig has been more than just a pet. She has been a companion, friend and daughter. Although often aloof, she has always held me in high regard and would frequently follow me from room to room just to be close. When I have been ill or upset, she has sat beside me in comfort. I will miss our snuggles. I will miss her voice. I will miss her beauty. Most of all, I will miss her company. In fifteen years of personal highs and lows, she has been the one constant I have always relied on.

On her last morning, I sat with her from 3 a.m. onwards. She was weak, unsteady and confused. I stroked her, held her and returned the companionship she has given me all these years.

At 9:30, she passed away as I cradled her.

I grieve, I ache and I cry until I am exhausted.

Fizzgig, my baby girl... thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment