Thursday, April 2, 2015

This Used to be My Playground

Yesterday, I had to hand in the keys to my old apartment. Before I did that, I checked my mail box for the last time and then had a quick wee in the apartment (in the toilet, obviously!) - I can't deny that when I left I said out loud Goodbye, apartment... I have loved you!"

OK, so it was expensive, noisy and had shit elevators; but I had some happy times there. I felt secure and it had mod-cons. I took advantage of the free gym and pool, I was close to work; I was just down the road from one of my best friends... but it was time to move on.

The new place is $110 cheaper a week and it is located in one of my old haunts, so I know the area well. Only a one bedroom, so I have to make room for all my furniture (although I did dump some during the moving process!)

I am on the top floor (which means extra security) and I am near a number of friends. I may not have access to a free gym, but I can get back into my old walking regime that helped me lose weight a few years ago.

I am still not 100% happy with the set-up, but I will work on that. I am actually looking forward to just enjoying my new surroundings over Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment